The Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications
Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis
Now in Print!
Excursions in Harmonic Analysis:
The February Fourier Talks at the Norbert Wiener Center
Welcome to the Norbert Wiener Center for
Harmonic Analysis and Applications!
The golden age of Mathematical Engineering is upon us.
The Norbert Wiener Center, in the Department of Mathematics
at the University of Maryland, College Park, reflects the importance of
integrating new mathematical technology and algorithms in
the context of current industrial and academic needs and problems.
The Norbert Wiener Center has three goals:
Mathematical Engineering in the 21st century is analogous
to Mathematical Physics of the 20th century. Applied harmonic analysis
and its theoretical underpinnings form the technological basis
for Mathematical Engineering. The Norbert Wiener Center advances
research, education, and interaction for this emerging field.
John J. Benedetto,
Overview of the Norbert Wiener Center by Director John J. Benedetto.
- Registration to attend FFT2015 is now available. Additionally, graduate students and postdocs are encouraged to participate in the Thursday Poster Session.
- Details for the AMS Short Course on Finite Frame Theory are now available. Organized by Kasso Okoudjou, the short course (January 8-9) will precede the JMM meeting in San Antonio, Texas.
- The Norbert Wiener Center will once again be hosting the Maryland Mathematical Modeling Contest. The first meeting will be on Sept 24th at 4:15 in MTH1308.
- Congratulations to our NWC students, Alex Cloninger, Travis Andrews, Timothy Doster, and Clare Wickman, for having very successful PhD defenses.
- The University of Maryland undergradute team in the Mathematical Modeling Competition was declared a Meritorious Winner. They finished in the top 7.5% of teams that submitted their problem and was one of 27 teams in the United States declared Meritorious Winners. Congratulations to all!
More about the Harmonic Analysis Community...