The Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications
Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis
Now in Print!
Excursions in Harmonic Analysis:
The February Fourier Talks at the Norbert Wiener Center
Welcome to the Norbert Wiener Center for
Harmonic Analysis and Applications!
The golden age of Mathematical Engineering is upon us.
The Norbert Wiener Center, in the Department of Mathematics
at the University of Maryland, College Park, reflects the importance of
integrating new mathematical technology and algorithms in
the context of current industrial and academic needs and problems.
The Norbert Wiener Center has three goals:
Mathematical Engineering in the 21st century is analogous
to Mathematical Physics of the 20th century. Applied harmonic analysis
and its theoretical underpinnings form the technological basis
for Mathematical Engineering. The Norbert Wiener Center advances
research, education, and interaction for this emerging field.
John J. Benedetto,
Overview of the Norbert Wiener Center by Director John J. Benedetto.
Who is Norbert Wiener? Discover the impact of the man's work to the mathematical community.
- Check out the upcoming Orthogonal Polynomials and Special Functions 2016 Summer School!
- Full schedule now up for the upcoming 2016 February Fourier Talks!
- It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Ying Wang, our mathematical daughter (Joe Lakey was her thesis adviser), granddaughter, and sister -- a beautiful part of La Famiglia, see Ying Wang, In Memoriam . She died on September 23, 2015.
- Congratulations to our NWC students, James Murphy, Gokhan Civan, Karamatou Yacoubou Djima, and Paul Koprowski for having very successful PhD defenses.
- Videos of select talks from the 2015 February Fourier Talks are now available here. Thank you to all who participated in FFT2015.
- The University of Maryland undergradute team in the Mathematical Modeling Competition was declared a Meritorious Winner. They finished in the top 7.5% of teams that submitted their problem and was one of 27 teams in the United States declared Meritorious Winners. Congratulations to all!
More about the Harmonic Analysis Community...