The Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications
Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis
Now in Print!
Excursions in Harmonic Analysis:
The February Fourier Talks at the Norbert Wiener Center
Welcome to the Norbert Wiener Center for
Harmonic Analysis and Applications!
The golden age of Mathematical Engineering is upon us.
The Norbert Wiener Center, in the Department of Mathematics
at the University of Maryland, College Park, reflects the importance of
integrating new mathematical technology and algorithms in
the context of current industrial and academic needs and problems.
The Norbert Wiener Center has three goals:
Mathematical Engineering in the 21st century is analogous
to Mathematical Physics of the 20th century. Applied harmonic analysis
and its theoretical underpinnings form the technological basis
for Mathematical Engineering. The Norbert Wiener Center advances
research, education, and interaction for this emerging field.
John J. Benedetto,
Overview of the Norbert Wiener Center by Director John J. Benedetto.
- Kasso Okoudjou and John Benedetto will be running one of the projects at this summer's MAPS REU. The 2014 MAPS Research Experience for Undergraduates program is sponsored by the National Science Foundation grant and the Department of Mathematics at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Congratulations to Matthew Begué and Alex Cloninger on winning the Monroe Martin Spotlight on Student Research competition.
- Congratulations to our NWC students, Alex Cloninger, Travis Andrews, Timothy Doster, and Clare Wickman, for having very successful PhD defenses.
- The University of Maryland undergradute team in the Mathematical Modeling Competition was declared a Meritorious Winner. They finished in the top 7.5% of teams that submitted their problem and was one of 27 teams in the United States declared Meritorious Winners. Congratulations to all!
- Congratulations to our Undergraduate Research Specialist, Rafael Setra, for winning a Goldwater Scholarship. His work with Wojciech Czaja is mentioned in this article.
- The Norbert Wiener Center and the University of Maryland will be hosting a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program this summer. Information and application form are available online.
- A Proceedings webpage has been built for The February Fourier Talks 2014 containing some videos and slides of talks from this year's FFT.
- The Norbert Wiener Center is now on Facebook! Like us for updates on FFT, seminar, and other news! Be sure to invite your friends too! In addition, the NWC has a completely updated Wikipedia page. Be sure to check it out!
More about the Harmonic Analysis Community...